Steph's Stuff: Thyroid, Thyroid, Thyroid

Monday, September 04, 2006

Thyroid, Thyroid, Thyroid

Sometimes it is so hard to tell what is depression, thyroid, anxiety, and other issues I may have. Like am I so fat because my thyroid is not leveled out right now? Or is it because I get depressed? Do I get depressed because of my thyroid levels, or is that because I am fat? Then what is ADD/ADHD and where does that fall into all these questions?

I am blogging because there are things I need to get off of my chest! If you are reading this please do not judge me! I believe that there is a connection between ADD/ADHD and addictions! I feel that for people who are ADHD they are more likely to choose depressants, like for me as an example! how many years did I stay high? Too many! Or how often do I drink or over eat, or over indulge any anything that is medicating me? And oh yes food, binge eating, is a great way to self medicate! It is socially acceptable to eat! And drinking is socially acceptable in most circles. Drugs well we know they are illegal! So what do I choose as a mom, FOOD! So lets get to the root of this. Why do I need to self medicate? Is it lonliness, possibly! Or is it that my brain never stops? Ah-ha which then leads me back to ADHD! All of the things I have listed, drugs, alchohol and food, help slow me down! Maybe this is what normal people feel like, minus the guilt/hangover in the morning!

I am not saying I have a problem with alcohol and currently I am not binging! I have however been there and had those problems! I am so frustrated with feeling the way I feel! I need answers and if it is one medication, such as thyroid medication that needs to be increased to make me feel better than by golly the Doc best prescibe it! But this strattera I am now taking for the ADHD is horrible I am not liking it at all! I will be so glad to call the Doctor tomorrow and discuss this with him! As for the other ADD meds, I cannot take them due to my history of drugs and alcohol and my addictive personality! I do not want to become addicted to Stimulates! I just want to feel better!

Some people may say exercise and I really am trying, I did exercise twice this past week! Which isn't great but at least I am starting! Loose the weight and exercise then you will feel better. Well thats all fine and good when you have a normal functioning thyroid!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

gosh i soooooo know how you feel. eating is comfort to me. it's easy.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home