Steph's Stuff: Region 23 Competition

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Region 23 Competition

WOW! What an exciting and rewarding weekend. I got to help with the Rising Star competition, compete in the quartet competition on Friday, and compete with my amazing chorus, TuneTown.

So, Sherry and Elizabeth picked me up and we began our trip to Chattanooga. We went through the schedule for the next two days, and of course we had to stop at one of our favorite places to eat. The City Cafe. This is a picture of Elizabeth holding the to go menu so we could order food later in the weekend.

We had a great 2 hour rehearsal after dinner, then got ready to go help with the Rising Star competition. Here's Elizabeth and Michele ready to get on the elevator. Aren't they pretty!

The Rising Star competion was one of the best yet. Here is one of the quartets that I got to coach a few times. They won 2nd place. Woohoo! Go, My Four Ladies!

The next day was the big day for quartets. We had only been together for 3 1/2 months. But we learned fast and rehearsed hard. I will never forget one of the girls asking me where my water was. I said, no, I don't want to drink anymore cause I am afraid it will make me burp. Then Michele says, oh man, you are right, all I can remember was Michele's constant burping all the way up to the minute before we walked on stage. Seriously the girl could not stop. I turned to her and said, umm, you are really gonna have to stop that now, and she did. Seriously that is my memory of before walking on stage! Too funny! We put it all out there on that stage, we sang the plan, and in my opinion sang it well. I am proud of my sisters in song. Way to go Kraze!


We came in 8th place, which I am being told is actually a great thing considering the caliber of quartets that were competing this past weekend. Our very own Fiddlestix came in 1st and Last Minute came in 2nd, improving by 70 points since last year. We are so proud.

The biggest competition of all was the chorus competition. I was so excited and nervous all at the same time. Waiting to hear our score was like waiting to find out if the pregnancy test was positive. I seriously had a lump in my throat, I thought I would throw up. Then we heard 2nd place and we knew we had won! But waiting for them to announce it was taking FOREVER!!! So here we go to International again. I am so ready for this journey and for the party next Monday night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie Morris said...

Glad you had such an awesome time! Great pics!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home